Friday, May 23, 2008

Ogden: Junction City of the West


The film produced by our very own Issac Goeckeritz, "Ogden: Junction City of the West" will be premiering on KUED Channel 7 next Wednesday May 28th at 9 PM. The film recently received a Utah "Best of State" award, and KUED will feature it as part of a three-year contract.
Just weeks after the completion of the transcontinental railroad in 1869, the transfer point between the Union Pacific and Central Pacific Railroads was moved to Ogden, Utah. Overnight, the city became the companies' official Junction City, and no traveling passenger would cross the country by rail without stopping in Ogden. The film focuses on the dramatic transition of Ogden from a small farming community to a major hub for cross-country travelers on the transcontinental railroad, highlighting the history of Union Station, 25th Street and the lives of local civic leaders, business owners and citizens.

1 comment:

joyce said...

Darin and I went to Peery's Egyptian Theatre and saw it when it premiered. I couldn't believe that Issac did that. It was really good and VERY interesting. I didn't realize how little I knew about Ogden, and I've lived here nearly my entire life.
I recommend watching it!!