1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup water
2 Tbl. instant or rapid rise yeast
5-6 cups flour
1 Tbl. Vital wheat gluten
1. Scald milk (that means you heat the milk in a saucepan until it almost boils).
2. Remove mild from heat and add butter, sugar, water & salt.
3. Let Cool to lukewarm.
4. Add eggs and whisk the mixture.
5. Pour mixture into standint mixer and add 1 cup of flour and mix.
6. Add Yeast and 2 more cups of flour.
8. Slowly add more flour until the dough is soft and pulls awy from the side of the bowl.
9. Knead 7-8 minutes in the mixer on low.
10. Let the dough rest for 10-15 minutes.
11. Divide dough in half and roll each out into a large rectangle about 1/2 inches thick.
12. Spread melted butter on the rectangle.
13. Sprinkle with as much brown sugar as you want (at least 1/2 cup).
14. Sprinkle with cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
15. Roll up tightly.
16. Cut with thread or dental floss.
17. Place on greased cookie sheet, cover and let rise until almost doubled.
18. Bake 13 minutes at 375 degrees.
19. Frost & enjoy!
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 stick of butter softened
16 oz. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
2. Beat in vanilla.
3. Slowly add powdered sugar while mixer is on low.
4. Refrigerate leftovers.